While we wait for the sixth Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction to be announced at the RUSA Book and Media Awards in Atlanta on Sunday, January 22, we have much to tide us over.
- Booklist editors Donna Seaman and Rebecca Vnuk have interviewed each author on the shortlist. Starting tomorrow, December 14, and ending next Wednesday, December 21, we’ll feature one interview every weekday. First up: Zadie Smith.
- Every time we publish an interview, we’ll give away a copy of that shortlist title via Twitter. Follow @bookistreader on Twitter. Tweet the link to the interview by midnight CST on the day the interview runs using the hashtag #Carnegie2017giveaway for your chance to win.
- We have made tiny chocolate versions (pictured, right) of all the shortlisted titles. We’ll also send the winners a tiny chocolate version of the book they’ve won. Lucky, lucky winners.
- The American Library Association is launching its #ShareTheStory campaign, highlighting the six 2017 shortlist titles and how they remind us of the power of stories. Now through June 1, 2017, readers are encouraged to tell us their own stories about their lives, communities and histories and how it relates to these titles. For more information, click here.
- You can now register for a free, interactive webinar, moderated by Donna Seaman, that will feature authors and editors of the shortlist titles. Registration and information about this webinar can be found here at http://bit.ly/carnegiewebinar.