Airports, long car rides, strange places, weird food, sharing bedrooms, no privacy, no friends. Sounds stressful, right? Now bring your whole family along! Emma Straub’s The Vacationers may be the unguilty pleasure of the season. Gorgeous etting, family dysfunction, and funny. And all easily accessible from the comfort of your couch. Want more unexpected vacation revelations? Try.
- Love in Idleness by Amanda Craig
- Becoming Strangers by Louise Dean
- The Red House by Mark Haddon
- The World Without You by Joshua Henkin
- Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham