Happy Earth Day! Such yummy things come from our friend Mother Earth. Thank goodness someone else is willing to dig them up! Read about these hearty souls.
- Little Heathens: Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm During the Great Depression by Mildred Armstrong Kalish
- The Dogs of Bedlam Farm: An Adventure with Sixteen Sheep, Three Dogs, Two Donkeys, and Me by Jon Katz
- The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food and Love by Kristin Kimball
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
- Fifty Acres and a Poodle: A Story of Love, Livestock, and Finding Myself on a Farm by Jeanne Marie Laskas
- The Egg and I by Betty Bard MacDonald
- Coop: A Year of Poultry, Pigs and Parenting by Michael Perry