By December 9, 2008 6 Comments Read More →

Audiobooks for Babies

Yesterday morning I pulled the perfect audiobook from my “listening shelf” – It’s Time to Sleep My Love & On the Night You Were Born: The You are Loved Collection from MacMillan. Lovely lullaby tunes composed and performed by Sally Taylor, daughter of music legends James Taylor and Carly Simon coupled with the text from Mary Tillman’s best-selling picture book titles. A just-right title for this brand-new grandma, thinking of the perfectly perfect Mia Elizabeth-Marie Burkey, presented for your admiration below 😉

Comments

comments

Posted in: Audiobooks
Tags:

Mary Burkey is an independent library consultant in Columbus (OH). An enthusiastic audiophile, she has served on all four of ALA's audiobook award committees as well as the Audies. In addition to writing the "Voices in My Head" column for Booklist, she is the author of Audiobooks for Youth: A Practical Guide to Sound Literature (ALA, 2013). Follow her on Twitter at @mburkey.

6 Comments on "Audiobooks for Babies"

1. kgraff@ala.org' Keir says:

Aww…congratulations to you, grandma, and your whole family!

2. Sbeauregard@ala.org' Sue-Ellen says:

She is so darling, Congratulations. I did a quick keyword search on BOL and came up with a number of lullaby albums. How about Dreamland: World Lullabies and Soothing Songs from Putamayo World Music. Anything Putamayo puts out is a winner. And for Daddy and Grandpa to play for Mia, there is Dream with Me Tonight v. 2: A Father’s Lullabies from Sandman Records.

3. sv@simonvance.com' Simon Vance says:

Judging by the grimace on your grandchild’s face (just seen on your blog) maybe she’s just been forced to listen to my latest audio offering!

Seriously though, ain’t she sweet…

Congrats to mother and grandma (and anyone else who had a part in it…meaning the dad, of course)

4. Mary says:

Thanks, all!
    Keir, I have embraced the Grandma title with pride!

Sue-Ellen, thanks to your suggestion, I think Dream with Me Tonight might be under the tree.

And young Mia has now entered the ranks of the the Simon Vance Fan Club – Booklist Magazine’s 2008 “Voice Of Choice.” An audiobook narrator so marvelous, that even his “Frankenstein” would serve as a lullaby 😉

5. michaelburkey79@yahoo.com' Mike Burkey says:

I’m the dad of this little beauty queen. This gives the term “Who’s your daddy?” a whole old meaning. Ha 🙂

6. kjennah@recordedbooks.com' Jennah says: